Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Jamie Is a Nerd: Introduction


I am a nerd.

I feel like listing my nerdly qualifications is redundant, as the only nerds who freely brag about being nerds are, in actuality, nerds, yet the point of this first entry is an introduction, of sorts, to my nerdtastic life.  I was tempted to do this in list format, as I am inordinately fond of lists, but ultimately decided against it.

I geek out over virtually everything. I enjoy geeking out over things. On some level, I understand that not everyone has the same amount of enthusiasm, but I cannot fathom people who don’t get ridiculously excited about things. I buy advance tickets to midnight shows. I pre-order things on Amazon. I devour every article, photograph, and video I can find. I reread books multiple times, I marathon television shows when I get interested in them, I’ll see a movie more than once in a theater. It boggles my mind that there are people out there who don’t do these things.

The purpose of this blog is to allow me a special format in which to properly geek out, and unlike Tumblr, to do so with actual words as opposed to slightly incoherent, incomplete sentences such as, “OMG HIS FACE” and “THIS”. Occasionally I do have intelligent thoughts. Sometimes these thoughts even make sense. More often than not, though, they’re just pointless rambling.

So if you are a nerd, come in, come in. If you are a geek, a dork, come in. If you are a Whovian, a Potterhead, a Sherlockian, a Whedonite, come in. If you reside in Panem or Camelot, come in, come in. You’re in good company here.

For anyone interested in daily insights into my life nerdtastic, you can find me on Twitter and Tumblr. Nerds, ahoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment